Monday 20 January 2014

The gardens...

I remember one of my first proper dates. I had just turned 16 and this guy I'd met in a coffee shop bravely came up to me and gave me he's number. Now clearly he was a lot older then me, of which I could tell straight away but just thought whats the harm. So for our first date he was being very quiet about it all. For a good couple of hours he didn't tell me where we were going. We went to one of my favourite parts of Regents Park, we sat by the pond and just pigged out on snacks and got to know each other. I noticed straight away it would be an epic day and he seemed really nice. We talked for hours about love, music, life, travelling, the whole shibang! Then it got to the part where I just had to ask how old he was. Now at the time I was thinking at least 22-25.. good lord was I wrong. He was 34.
    34!!!! I had no idea what to do, when I asked him how old he thought I was he said 22-24. Not going to lie I was pretty dan flattered but confused because I didn't think I looked that much older then I was. I didn't want to tell him the truth because he seemed so nice. But its never good to start something with a lie. So I told him, he freaked out for a little while and didn't actually believe me until I told him I just started college and stuff. The nice thing was that we still spent the rest of the date together because it was so nice. But when the sun started to go down it was clear that we had to end what turned out the be an awesome first date. I still remember what he wore strangely.. its like the first time you gave sex. If it's good you remember really great things about the experience which you just don't forget. He was so handsome. Tall, dark hair, white shirt, navy blue trousers, and converse. You can see why I was so attracted to him..... the converse topped it off :P
    What I loved most was that he didn't make me feel young or like a child in anyway. He was probably the first man I had ever met that was a true gentlemen. He got us in a taxi, took he home and kissed me goodnight. I remember there being this awkward moment after he kissed me because it was obvious we both didn't want it to end. He was truly something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment