Monday 20 January 2014

The science museum..

So still at the age of 16 I was dating here and there, I remember this guy Tom. He was something else. Awful hair, a little chubby, no style and yet he made me laugh so much. I just didn't care what he looked like. He was absolutely hysterical!! He was about 17-18. Finally my own age :P
He came from a pretty well off family, constantly went on about his family trips around the world, swimming with dolphins, going fishing in various rivers and oceans and all this other stuff that just blow my mind. I loved all his stories it just made me so excited to see him. We met through friends and didn't go on an actual date for a month or so. And then I remember going to his house for brunch with he's mum and dad, and his mum saying to me "you excited for your surprise today?" I had no idea what she was on about, then Tom just scream "Oh thanks for ruining the surprise mum! God's sake!"
    Turns out he planned a date for us all week. His dad took us for a drive and then we ended up in kensington where we went to this cute little food store. Where he bought us a picnic basket and just told Tom and I to fill it up. So we did... surprisingly not with sweets but italian and spanish hams and also a cheese board with biscuits and cokes. Tom was just way beyond his years. He allowed me to explore different foods that day and just blow me away with his passion towards this date. We then went on to the science museum. One of my favourite museums even today. His dad left us there we ran in like two little children out of pure excitement, holding hands and taking in everything we could. I couldn't believe how much fun I was having with him. We just spent hours looking at everything. Then we took out picnic basket to the eating area. What was really cute was that he had a blanket, and laid it out on the ground for us. It was so sweet. I didn't even realise there were people staring at us the whole time, because their were chairs but he insisted :P
    Even till today that was one of my favourite dates. By far the longest make out session ever. I just couldn't stop kissing him sometimes. It felt like our lips just locked. Even though we were young I so could have seen just going further. We last about half a year then he had to move to Switzerland to go to another school. It sucked so much. I remember being at his house the night before he left. We just cuddled all day and night. I'd never felt that close to anyone before. It scared me because at times I thought I couldn't breathe without him. Even saying goodbye to his parents killed me. I think saying goodbye to him was one of the hardest things I'd ever done. He was my best friend. I remember seeing him off I brought my friend with me because I knew what would have happen once he got on that plane. I didn't want him to see me upset so I kept the smiles going. But as soon as I couldn't see him in my view I burst out crying, I couldn't stop it. I cried for about two days. We kept in touch for a while but then the obvious happened. We grew up. We moved on. We met other people. Young love.
Can be such a bitch. I sometimes think what hes up to right now. And whether he thinks about me at all. You never know.

No comments:

Post a Comment