Monday 20 January 2014

The past two years...

Wow can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I've been on this thing. A lot has happened. I was in a relationship for a year... (an extremely boring one). Got to work in a few new places here and there, met one of my best friends in the world, finally figured out my career path and managed to confess my feelings for someone which I have been compressing for freaking ages now. Anyway enough of that, during the past year I have realised what it really means to be true to yourself. I have had to cut out a lot of people in my life to allow myself to push myself further and get over little things that were really digging at me.
    So this year is starting out the be pretty damn good. I've taken a break from dating for a little while to focus on what my goals are. Managed to get most of my tattoo pieces done just got my back to go and I'm done for the year..... =/. Yes, that's what I said last year but ... shut up.
    Ok, so the past few months have been quite interesting. It's been the first time in ages that I haven't dated anyone at all so its been a nice experience. Last summer was probably one of the best summers I've ever had. I was dating a guy who for the first time I completely took my guard down with. Obviously he was a musician.... :P He was probably the most stubborn, hilarious, argumentative, passionate, beautiful inside and out person I'd ever met and just made me feel like I never had to do anything to impress him. He took me how I was. Unfortunately he clearly wasn't ready for any of it and it ended but I can happily say, we are still great mates and I wouldn't change our relationship in the slightest. I mean I hate how it ended but that's life. Best just to move on and push forward.
    Work wise just getting to move forward with what I really want to do. But hopefully by spring I'll be doing my first course in wedding planning and taking it from there :) My family have never been closer, we laugh, cry and laugh even more together. My mum and I have definitely grown stronger, and my brother has and always will be my best friend.
    So I'm thinking of using a bit of my spare time more on this, just getting out some thoughts etc. The first chapter though, will be all about the men (mostly manchilds) I have dated since I was 16. Being quite a well spoken girl, athletic build and may I add good sense of humor. Really gave me the confidence to get myself out there and explore the world of dating. So sit back... get a cuppa.. and let's begin.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment